Chelsea manager Frank Lampard says N’Golo Kante will be assessed ahead of the weekend clash with Sheffield United at Stamford Bridge.
SaveChelsea reports that French midfielder who is in the treatment room did not play any part in Chelsea’s 2-3 victory against Norwich City at Carrow Road due to an ankle injury.
Giving an update on Kante’s injury, Lampard said,
“It’s a difficult one with N’Golo because he’s had four years of constant playing.
“We knew he had that injury from the Europa League final last season, which affected his pre-season, and then he picked up an ankle injury last week. He’s trying and we are trying to get him through it, but the game yesterday just came too quickly and he was in too much pain.
“But again he is one to assess and we want him back in the team because he’s an important player. I think the international break will be great for him, to try and recover him.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash