- Chelsea has been given an ultimatum to decide on Kovacic deal.
- Transfer Ban could force Chelsea to take Kovacic on a permanent deal.
Mateo Kovacic joined Chelsea from Madrid on a season-long loan last summer and he was a regular starter under Chelsea former manager Sarri.
Although there is a two-window transfer ban Chelsea is currently facing, but the club has an option to sign Kovacic permanently as he is already a registered player.
Chelsea must decide if they want to sign Kovacic permanently by July 1st because Madrid has handed them a 7 days ultimatum.
The Blues of three options to either sign him permanently, extend his loan contract or allow him to return to Santiago Bernabeu.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- LATEST CHELSEA FOOTBALL TRANSFER NEWS FOR TODAY SUNDAY 30TH AUGUST
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- Derby County gives permission to Chelsea to hold talks with Lampard.
- Mateo Kovacic gives green light for Chelsea move
- Chelsea given seven-day deadline to complete Mateo Kovacic transfer
- What Everton boss Marco Silva has told top brass about Kurt Zouma deal
- Why Frank Lampard is the best candidate for Chelsea job
- Frank Lampard to be announced as Chelsea manager ‘before the end of the week
- Harry Redknapp gives verdict on Lampard becoming new Chelsea boss
However, it’s still uncertain if the incoming manager Frank Lampard wants to keep Mateo Kovacic, so the situation is tangled as it stands.
The Croatian midfielder wants to stay in London as he enjoyed his debut season with Chelsea.
Some injury absentees might convince Chelsea to keep Kovacic like Ruben Loftus-Cheek who is out with injury and his return is still uncertain. The impending two-window transfer ban is also another factor that might prompt the deal.
RLC suffered an Achilles injury before the final match between Chelsea and Arsenal in Baku and he is likely not to return until November.
The Blues opening fixture for the season campaign is versus Manchester United at Old Trafford before the go on to face Liverpool in the UEFA Super Cup.
We also reported on Chelsea to announce new head coach this week.
Following the departure of Maurizio Sarri to Italy after a season filled with ups and downs, The Blues are expected to announce Lampard as Chelsea’s new coach sometime this week.
Frank Lampard is the favourite to replace Sarri and the Blues are expected to confirm his appointment before the week runs out, in addition, Owner Roman Abramovic also supports the 41-year-old to take over.