- Derby wants Chelsea to finalize the deal before the pre-season kicks-off.
- Chelsea is ready to buy Lampard out of his Derby contract.
Derby has given Chelsea green light to conduct talks with manager Frank Lampard about being the replacement for Maurizio Sarri, with Derby hoping for a swift end to the long transfer saga.
The Speculation surrounding the Blues legend returning to the Bridge has been one of most talked about transfer move since January. The west London side already was building interest in Lampard before Maurizio Sarri eventually left for Juventus.
The Rams have stressed they want, if possible a quick end to the long-running saga as the club agreed to let 41-year-old Lampard begin negotiations with Chelsea.
A statement on their official website reads:
“Derby County Football Club can confirm that they have granted permission for Chelsea Football Club to speak to Frank Lampard about the vacant managerial position at Stamford Bridge.
“With pre-season fast approaching for both clubs, it is hoped this will allow Chelsea to swiftly conclude their discussions.
“The club will make no further comment until it is appropriate to do so.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
His reunion would be celebrated among Chelsea fans, but if he does accept the job he would be stepping into the testing phase of his managerial career due to the two-window transfer embargo placed by FIFA.
Savechelsea understands that Chelsea is prepared to pay the £4m compensation fee to buy Lampard out of his contract with the Rams.
Lampard joined the Rams as Derby boss last summer enjoyed an impressive debut as a manager, he led the Rams to a Championship play-off final where they lost to Aston Villa.
Another latest development on Chelsea includes Chelsea is preparing a deal to finalize Kovacic move.
Chelsea is ready to finalize the deal for Matteo Kovacic on a permanent basis as the club faces a two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA.