- Derby wants Chelsea to finalize the deal before the pre-season kicks-off.
- Chelsea is ready to buy Lampard out of his Derby contract.
Derby has given Chelsea green light to conduct talks with manager Frank Lampard about being the replacement for Maurizio Sarri, with Derby hoping for a swift end to the long transfer saga.
The Speculation surrounding the Blues legend returning to the Bridge has been one of most talked about transfer move since January. The west London side already was building interest in Lampard before Maurizio Sarri eventually left for Juventus.
The Rams have stressed they want, if possible a quick end to the long-running saga as the club agreed to let 41-year-old Lampard begin negotiations with Chelsea.
A statement on their official website reads:
“Derby County Football Club can confirm that they have granted permission for Chelsea Football Club to speak to Frank Lampard about the vacant managerial position at Stamford Bridge.
“With pre-season fast approaching for both clubs, it is hoped this will allow Chelsea to swiftly conclude their discussions.
“The club will make no further comment until it is appropriate to do so.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Chelsea will annouce Ruben Loftus-cheek contract exetension
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Chelsea will play attacking football under Lampard
His reunion would be celebrated among Chelsea fans, but if he does accept the job he would be stepping into the testing phase of his managerial career due to the two-window transfer embargo placed by FIFA.
Savechelsea understands that Chelsea is prepared to pay the £4m compensation fee to buy Lampard out of his contract with the Rams.
Lampard joined the Rams as Derby boss last summer enjoyed an impressive debut as a manager, he led the Rams to a Championship play-off final where they lost to Aston Villa.
Another latest development on Chelsea includes Chelsea is preparing a deal to finalize Kovacic move.
Chelsea is ready to finalize the deal for Matteo Kovacic on a permanent basis as the club faces a two-window transfer ban imposed by FIFA.