- Chelsea could make a transfer move for former Liverpool star, Philippe Coutinho as an ideal replacement for Belgian captain, Eden Hazard
- A transfer bid for Coutinho could be made if Chelsea’s transfer ban is delayed by FIFA
- Barcelona forward, Philippe Coutinho has struggled to live up to expectations after making a £142 million (€160m) move from the English Premier League
English Premier League side, Chelsea could make a move for Philippe Coutinho as a replacement for Eden Hazard according to reports from Spain.
The Brazilian star hasn’t lived up to his potential ever since his move from the Merseyside last summer. It was rumored that the Barcelona forward told his Selecao teammates during the last international break that he could leave Camp Nou at the end of the current league campaign.
Meanwhile, Chelsea have been hammered with a transfer ban for breaching the rules relating to the transfer of overseas players under the age of 18 have launched an appeal to the FIFA Appeals Committee.
The English Premier League giants have already faced with a heavy summer ahead of them a transfer move of Eden Hazard to the Real Madrid looks imminent and The Blues are planning to make use the transfer fee to launch a transfer bid for Philippe Coutinho.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- I can’t wait, i just want to get started- Christian Pulisic
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Christian Pulisic impresses in the Gold Cup
A move for Philippe Coutinho would link the playmaker with his Brazilian counterparts, David Luiz and Willian and could link up with Brazil-born duo of Jorginho and Emerson Palmieri.
However, if their transfer ban is delayed, Chelsea will face stiff competition from the French side, Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United for Coutinho’s signature.
SaveChelsea.net also reported on How Eden Hazard was close to joining Real Madrid in the January transfer window.
Brazilian and Barcelona legend, Rivaldo stated that Eden Hazard will be better off by playing for Real Madrid. This statement fuels up the reports that Hazard could make a move to Real Madrid with his current contract expiring next year summer.