Reports suggest that Chelsea will recall Charly Musonda from his loan at Celtic at the end of the season. The Blues are not happy with the lack of quality game time the 21-year-old has been made to experience since the move to Celtic in the January transfer window. This means that a year will be will be cut off from the 18-month deal.
Meanwhile, the Belgian youngster is currently absent with a shoulder problem and is on treatment at Chelsea’s Cobham Training Centre. Musonda has started just three games for Celtic and has made a total of eight appearances for the Scottish Champions.
Celtic won the race for a loan deal for Musonda in January amid competition from other clubs from Europe’s big leagues. Musonda’s mother, Angela, took to Twitter to post that her son was back for good, suggesting that the loan deal was likely over, although Celtic boss Rodgers has denied it is the case.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Nicolas Tagliafico: Chelsea Interested In Ajax Left-Back
“Charly hurt his shoulder in the week when he was away,” said Rodgers. “He has gone back to Chelsea to get treatment on that. So like I say, he may or may not feature between now and the end of the season.
“But he is obviously a Chelsea player so they want to look at him to make sure he is ok.”
Rodgers’s light use of the youngster will likely affect his chances of securing more youngsters from Chelsea in the future, although he was a former youth coach at Chelsea. Musonda renewed his contract at Chelsea till 2022 in December.