Gianluca Di Marzio has revealed that Chelsea have approached Juventus to inquire about the availability of Gonzalo Higuain this summer.
Maurizio Sarri reportedly wants to carry out an overhaul of the Blues’ striking options this summer and has apparently made the reunion with Higuain a priority.
Higuain spent one season under Sarri at Napoli before the controversial move to Juventus in 2016. The player’s future in Turin appears to be in doubts after the acquisition of superstar Cristiano Ronaldo from Real Madrid this summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea Make Final Transfer Decision On Gonzalo Higuain
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Chelsea opinion: Should Chelsea keep Olivier Giroud?
- On-loan Chelsea striker, Gonzalo Higuain Wants To Be At Stamford Bridge Next Season
- Higuain reveals why he chose Milan over Chelsea
- Milan move ahead of Chelsea in Higuain pursuit
- Chelsea offer Morata plus €55m for Juve duo
- Sarri’s top targets in Chelsea’s slow transfer dealings
- Marotta – No offer from Chelsea for Higuain
However, despite Chelsea’s interest in Higuain, the club are eager to first sell off the current striking options at Stamford Bridge to make way for new arrivals. The likes of Alvaro Morata and Michy Batshuayi have been sounded out as likely departures, including World Cup winner Olivier Giroud.
If Higuain joins Chelsea, it will be an indication that the club have abandoned their policy of not signing players approaching the twilight of their career. It can be recalled that Giroud arrived in January, and the 30-year-old Higuain might now be set to join. Higuain has scored 11 more goals than any other player in the Serie A since he joined in 2013.