- Coutinho move to Chelsea looks impossible.
- Chelsea’s transfer ban halts incoming transfer plan.
- PSG to hijack Coutinho deal from Chelsea.
Coutinho moved to Spain from Liverpool in last season January transfer window, he has since then failed to impress at Camp Nou and this could mean he could be sold this summer.
Chelsea was looking to bring the estranged player down to Stamford Bridge this summer as a replacement for Eden Hazard who has recently joined Madrid for £89million.
But the club is already facing a transfer ban crisis, which means they can’t sign and register any player until they either serve the ban or appeal for the case.
The Sun reported that Chelsea has already given up on the race to sign Coutinho which is owing to the fact that their transfer ban case has not been resolved.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea boss Frank Lampard reveals the one deal that could be done this week
- Lampard to reunite with Chelsea as he agree three years deal
- Derby County gives permission to Chelsea to hold talks with Lampard.
- Mateo Kovacic gives green light for Chelsea move
- Chelsea given seven-day deadline to complete Mateo Kovacic transfer
- What Everton boss Marco Silva has told top brass about Kurt Zouma deal
- Why Frank Lampard is the best candidate for Chelsea job
- Frank Lampard to be announced as Chelsea manager ‘before the end of the week
- Harry Redknapp gives verdict on Lampard becoming new Chelsea boss
- Barcelona £35m bid for Willian rejected.
The Brazilian scored only 11 goals and assisted 5 others in 54 appearances in the Barcelona colour this season.
Rumours is that PSG is interested in signing the 27-year-old player this summer.
Chelsea has been given lights at the end of the tunnel concerning their transfer ban as Gabriele Marcotti spoke to ESPN.
“I wouldn’t necessarily be so negative about it,”
First of all, it depends on the transfer ban and we don’t know yet.
“Chelsea has just filed their appeal with CAS, most likely I think they expect it to be frozen so they will be allowed to operate.
“Now if Sarri does move, and people expect him to move, they’ll need to find a new manager.
“It will be easier to do so once you have clarity on the transfer ban.
“But don’t forget, this is a team that has a whole bunch of guys out on loan who can probably come back and help if worse comes to worst if there is a transfer ban from [Fikayo] Tomori to [Tiemoue] Bakayoko.
“You knew Hazard was going to go and you’re not going to replace Eden Hazard but you look to people who you think can make similar contributions
“Unless they were asleep under a rock, they would have known that Eden Hazard was going to go. We all knew this, this is not a surprise.
“We all knew that Willian and Pedro’s contracts were expiring and they likely aren’t going to be extended, they might extend one of them if they get the transfer ban.
“But this is the reality, you move on with different players. This is what happens, players get old and they get replaced.
“What I’m telling you is even if there is a transfer ban, they’ll be competitive to finish top four next season if they get the right manager.
“And if there is no transfer ban, then they’ll be looking to strengthen and maybe make a run to bring them closer to the top two.”
In other news, savechelsea.net reported on Chelsea’s tribute to Eden Hazard.
Eden Hazard has finalized his deal to Real Madrid and Chelsea has taken to their social media platforms to pay tribute to their leaving playmaker.
Hazard has spent 7 years at Chelsea and his contract signing for Real Madrid yesterday has brought the years of glitter and glamour to an end.