Reports from Sky Italia claim that Chelsea were one of the clubs interested in signing Miralem Pjanic from Juventus this summer.
The Bosnian has taken over the Juve midfield and has stamped his authority as one of the best midfielders in the Serie A and in Europe.
Miralem Pjanic has caught the eye with his creative abilities and brilliant set-piece deliveries.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
Juventus acquired Pjanic from Roma for €30 million. The Bosnian was the subject of an offer above €50m from Chelsea this summer, with Maurizio Sarri hoping to work with the midfield talent.
However, Fabio Paratici and Guiseppe Marotta said no to the bid as the 28-year-old was valued at double the sum that was offered. This was their response to his agent Fati Ramadani.
Juventus were keen to keep the Bosnian in their books as they promised him a mouthwatering deal to keep him in Turin.