Reports from Sky Italia claim that Chelsea were one of the clubs interested in signing Miralem Pjanic from Juventus this summer.
The Bosnian has taken over the Juve midfield and has stamped his authority as one of the best midfielders in the Serie A and in Europe.
Miralem Pjanic has caught the eye with his creative abilities and brilliant set-piece deliveries.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- Lampard will thrive as Chelsea’s head coach
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
Juventus acquired Pjanic from Roma for €30 million. The Bosnian was the subject of an offer above €50m from Chelsea this summer, with Maurizio Sarri hoping to work with the midfield talent.
However, Fabio Paratici and Guiseppe Marotta said no to the bid as the 28-year-old was valued at double the sum that was offered. This was their response to his agent Fati Ramadani.
Juventus were keen to keep the Bosnian in their books as they promised him a mouthwatering deal to keep him in Turin.