- Lewandoski hints on Bayern exit.
- Chelsea look to rekindle the Polish striker Interest.
Reports are rife that Robert Lewandowski has informed Bayern Munich that he wants to leave the club and this was confirmed by the player’s agent.
It can be recalled that reports from Sky Sports suggested that Chelsea were interested in the Poland international back in February, and this recent development could afford Chelsea the chance to land the striker if the club is willing to meet his valuation.
Lewandowski has a contract with Bayern Munich that runs till 2021 but he recently hired super-agent Pini Zahavi to negotiate a deal to enable his release from the club.
In an interview with Sport Bild, Zahavi revealed:
“Robert feels he needs a change and a new challenge in his career. The managers of Bayern know about it.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
Lewandowski joined Bayern from Dortmund in 2014 and has scored 151 goals in 195 games, thereby establishing himself as the top scorer in the charts in the past three seasons.
Meanwhile, Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge had insisted earlier in May that Lewandowski would still be at the club next season.
“They do not have to worry about Robert Lewandowski and the relationship with Bayern,” Rummenigge told Kicker. “We have a very good one.
“We know what we have in Robert Lewandowski. I am very happy that we still have such a long-term contract. [There’s] no need to worry – he will also play next season at Bayern Munich.”
savechelsea.net also reported that CHELSEA EYE DEAL FOR ROBERT LEWANDOWSKI.
The Poland international would likely attract a huge transfer fee in the region of £100m and his arrival could spell the end for Alvaro Morata at Stamford Bridge.