Chelsea’s first eleven squads are back at Cobham today as part of the start of their pre-season training ahead of the 2020/21 campaign.
Recall that the Blues finished their 2019/20 campaign on August 8 with the Champions League defeat to Bayern Munich, and the players are already preparing for the next season.
SaveChelsea understands that Frank Lampard’s squad will be going through a COVID-19 test as part of the standard precautions ahead of returning to action.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Players Return To Training As Pre-Season Is Sighted
- Thiago Silva Makes Final Decision On Joining Chelsea From PSG
- Date Chelsea Fans Will Return Back To Stamford Bridge
- Chelsea Target Havertz Wants To Take The ‘Next Step’ In His Career
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Aston Villa race to sign Ampadu
- Records for all goalscorer in thrilling UEL final
One of the first things on the agenda for the players will also be fitness tests to get the players back up to speed.
The Chelsea first-team players will be training in small bubbles as part of the early training, before reintegrating into full squad training.
Those players who have been out on loan last season have already been back at Cobham since Monday for training, and some will be looked at by Lampard ahead of next season.
Ethan Ampadu and Conor Gallagher could likely be loaned out again next season, however, Lampard will take the opportunity to look at the pair ahead of the upcoming campaign.
Chelsea are yet to announce their pre-season friendlies ahead of their Premier League opener at Brighton & Hove Albion on September 14.