- Chelsea favorite to sign 21-year old Brazilian.
- Malcolm has also hinted a possible move to England.
Reports suggest that Chelsea have held talks with the agent of Bordeaux’s highly rated winger Malcolm ahead of a move estimated at £44 million.
The 21-year-old attacker attracted interest from the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United and Spurs in the January transfer window although the Ligue 1 outfit maintained their stance not to sell the player at that point in the season.
However, reports have claimed that the former Corinthians star is available for a fee around £44m and Chelsea appear to be the present favorites to acquire the Brazilian. According to French newspaper Sud-Ouest, the winger’s agent Fernando Garcia has already met with the officials at Stamford Bridge.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
Chelsea will still push for the move regardless of who comes in to replace Antonio Conte at the managerial helm of the club. Malcolm scored 12 goals and provided 7 assists in 35 Ligue 1 appearances for Bordeaux and has also been rated as one of the top talents in France.
The player had initially hinted on a move to the Premier League back in March as he revealed that he was learning English.
“I have learned the language very quickly, had no big troubles,” he said. ”French was much more difficult.
“So I would manage to live in England. But in the end I can integrate everywhere.”
The player hinted on his career ambitions in an interview with Sky Sports Germany, and has a contract with Bordeaux until 2021.
“I want to play for an elite club in Europe, win the Champions League and play for the Selecao,”
“When I play for a big club, my chances improve. I want to thank Bordeaux for everything.”
“I am going to sit down with my agent and family. Together we will make a decision.”
Amongst other Brazilian that have gained the interest include Guimaraes from Atletico Paranaense. Reported by Savechelsea.net
Chelsea midfield this season have struggled with inconsistency, they have turned thier attention to 21-year-old Brazilian midfielder from Atletico Paranaense.