Chelsea are reportedly preparing to sell Brazilian Kenedy during the summer transfer window. Kenedy has established himself as one of the most promising youngsters at Chelsea and he proved it with his performance on loan to Newcastle United in the second half of the season.
Kenedy scored two goals and provided two assists in the 13 Premier League appearances he made for the Magpies as he played a significant role in Rafa Benitez’ side.
The lad has shown what he can offer if given a chance at Stamford Bridge but the club appear to be tempted to cash in on him this summer. Chronicle Live have suggested that Chelsea will need to sell in order to spend this summer after missing out on the UEFA Champions League and he has emerged as one player that’s expendable.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Chelsea Take Final Decision On Selling Ross Barkley
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- N’Golo Kante Makes Transfer Decision As Chelsea Reveals His Price Tag
According to the report, Chelsea will be seeking to let Kenedy leave on a permanent deal, with the 20-year-old presently valued at £20M. Kenedy could act as a replacement to the likes of Willian and Pedro at Chelsea who will be heading into their thirties by the end of 2018, but this is unlikely based on the reports.
Meanwhile, Chelsea should be intelligent enough to insert a buy-back clause into any deal that sees the Brazilian depart Stamford Bridge as he has proven that he’ll be one for the future.