Chelsea are reportedly preparing to sell Brazilian Kenedy during the summer transfer window. Kenedy has established himself as one of the most promising youngsters at Chelsea and he proved it with his performance on loan to Newcastle United in the second half of the season.
Kenedy scored two goals and provided two assists in the 13 Premier League appearances he made for the Magpies as he played a significant role in Rafa Benitez’ side.
The lad has shown what he can offer if given a chance at Stamford Bridge but the club appear to be tempted to cash in on him this summer. Chronicle Live have suggested that Chelsea will need to sell in order to spend this summer after missing out on the UEFA Champions League and he has emerged as one player that’s expendable.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- Alvaro Morata speaks on his future ahead of the summer
According to the report, Chelsea will be seeking to let Kenedy leave on a permanent deal, with the 20-year-old presently valued at £20M. Kenedy could act as a replacement to the likes of Willian and Pedro at Chelsea who will be heading into their thirties by the end of 2018, but this is unlikely based on the reports.
Meanwhile, Chelsea should be intelligent enough to insert a buy-back clause into any deal that sees the Brazilian depart Stamford Bridge as he has proven that he’ll be one for the future.