Chelsea are reportedly preparing to sell Brazilian Kenedy during the summer transfer window. Kenedy has established himself as one of the most promising youngsters at Chelsea and he proved it with his performance on loan to Newcastle United in the second half of the season.
Kenedy scored two goals and provided two assists in the 13 Premier League appearances he made for the Magpies as he played a significant role in Rafa Benitez’ side.
The lad has shown what he can offer if given a chance at Stamford Bridge but the club appear to be tempted to cash in on him this summer. Chronicle Live have suggested that Chelsea will need to sell in order to spend this summer after missing out on the UEFA Champions League and he has emerged as one player that’s expendable.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
According to the report, Chelsea will be seeking to let Kenedy leave on a permanent deal, with the 20-year-old presently valued at £20M. Kenedy could act as a replacement to the likes of Willian and Pedro at Chelsea who will be heading into their thirties by the end of 2018, but this is unlikely based on the reports.
Meanwhile, Chelsea should be intelligent enough to insert a buy-back clause into any deal that sees the Brazilian depart Stamford Bridge as he has proven that he’ll be one for the future.