- Chelsea declined Napoli’s demand to pay £7million release clause for manager Maurizio Sarri.
- Former PSG boss Laurent Blanc has also been sounded out as a backup option
Chelsea have refused to yield to Napoli’s demand and deadline to pay the £7million release clause for manager Maurizio Sarri.
The Blues had until last night to reach an agreement over the figure for Sarri whose contract with Napoli expires in 2020, although he has been replaced with Carlo Ancelotti.
Reports suggested that talks were held last week with Sarri’s representatives over a two-year deal with an option for another 12 months.
It is believed that Chelsea are now waiting to see if Sarri’s legal team will engage in the pursuit of a case of constructive dismissal against Napoli, thus pressuring Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis into reaching a compromise.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
Meanwhile, reports have emerged that former PSG boss Laurent Blanc has also been sounded out as a backup option.
The club are also huge admirers of Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic.
Check our latest report on how Willian remarked he is happy playing for the Blues.