- Chelsea declined Napoli’s demand to pay £7million release clause for manager Maurizio Sarri.
- Former PSG boss Laurent Blanc has also been sounded out as a backup option
Chelsea have refused to yield to Napoli’s demand and deadline to pay the £7million release clause for manager Maurizio Sarri.
The Blues had until last night to reach an agreement over the figure for Sarri whose contract with Napoli expires in 2020, although he has been replaced with Carlo Ancelotti.
Reports suggested that talks were held last week with Sarri’s representatives over a two-year deal with an option for another 12 months.
It is believed that Chelsea are now waiting to see if Sarri’s legal team will engage in the pursuit of a case of constructive dismissal against Napoli, thus pressuring Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis into reaching a compromise.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Mendy Set to Seal £18.2m Chelsea Move
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
Meanwhile, reports have emerged that former PSG boss Laurent Blanc has also been sounded out as a backup option.
The club are also huge admirers of Fulham boss Slavisa Jokanovic.
Check our latest report on how Willian remarked he is happy playing for the Blues.