Reports in France suggest that Chelsea have rejected a £17.6m bid from their London neighbors Arsenal for defender David Luiz
According to French outlet Le10Sport, as quoted by Metro, the gunners had a bid for the 31-year-old Brazilian defender turned down by Chelsea FC in recent days.
David Luiz’s future at Stamford Bridge has been in doubt as he fell down the pecking order last term in Conte’s side, and various speculations have suggested that he may leave the club this summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- This trio should be key players at Chelsea next season
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- It will be a sad day when Luiz leaves Chelsea- RLC
- Inter Milan Appoints Antonio Conte as their new manager
- Again? Chelsea striker Giroud enjoys new swipe at Arsenal
- Former Real Madrid President Reveals What’s Holding Hazard’s Move To Real Madrid
- Chelsea Star, Eden Hazard Spotted With A Real Madrid Shirt
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
The report went on to claim that Arsenal might be working on offering an improved bid for the defender as the initial bid was rejected by the Stamford Bridge outfit.
David Luis made just 9 starts in the Premier League for Chelsea last season.