- Chelsea might lose Kovacic by the end of the month.
- Danny Drinkwater to leave Chelsea by summer.
- Sarri on verge of joining Juventus on a 2-year deal.
Chelsea have become reluctant in taking the chance to permanent Mateo Kovacic deal considering the fact that Maurizio Sarri is on the verge of moving to Italy.
The Blues have tendered an appeal to the court of Arbitration for sports, to freeze their impending two-window transfer ban but even if the appeal is not accepted Chelsea still has the chance to sign Kovacic permanently.
The Croatian joined Chelsea on loan last summer and is already a registered player at the club, so if he won’t be considered a new signing if he was to remain at the club permanently.
Kovacic was a regular starter for just the just concluded campaign, he has 51 appearances to his name and a poor stats of just two assists and no goal under Maurizio Sarri.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea given seven-day deadline to complete Mateo Kovacic transfer
- Chelsea and Juventus agrees terms on Sarri deal.
- Transfer ban is inevitable for Chelsea this summer
- Chelsea reluctant over making Matteo Kovacic deal permanent
- Christensen wants to stay at Chelsea amid Sarri transfer speculation
- Willian to follow Hudson Odoi footstep and sign a new contract deal at Chelsea
- Chelsea to start serving transfer ban as they look to avoid extension punishment
- Insigne believes Sarri’s move to Juventus would be betrayal.
- Sarri still tempted by Juventus move despite Europa success
- Kovacic gives massive hint on Chelsea future
Despite the midfielder’s poor form Sarri was keen on keeping him at the club as part of next season’s plan but as fate has turn Sarri towards Italy, the music is now different.
Chelsea do not have a lot of options in their midfield as Loftus cheek is out with injury for the rest of the year, and Danny Drinkwater is to be offloaded. Chelsea would have to take a quick decision on Kovacic’s future.
Kovacic would return to Madrid by July and if Chelsea does not take a quick decision before then end of this month then it’d be too late to sign him permanently.
As reported by Standard Sport the Blues distinctively wants Kovacic out of Hazard’s deal, therefore having a sole negotiation on Hazard’s transfer to Madrid.
Kovacic played in Inter Milan in 2013-2015 season before moving to Madrid, and the former club is now aware of Chelsea’s reluctance to sign the Croatian permanently and have begin negotiations for a deal with Madrid.
Chelsea is plagued with the issue of not recognizing a perfect candidate for Sarri’s replacement and the kind of squad the incoming manager would want to work with.
Reports are Sarri has agreed a two-years deal with Juventus with an option of a year extension, he was keen on leaving after his Europa league triumph and made his desire known to Chelsea.