Reports suggest that Chelsea have set their sights on Atletico Madrid and Slovenian shot-stopper Jan Oblak as a replacement for Courtois if he leaves Chelsea.
Courtois failed to return for training on Monday and has told the club that he wants to join Real Madrid.
The situation has left Chelsea with very little time to search for an ideal replacement who can also fit into Sarri’s ball-playing goalkeeper role.
Mundo Deportivo have claimed that the Blues are ready to raid Atletico Madrid for Jan Oblak.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Zinedine Zidane Set To Offload Ex-Chelsea Goalkeeper
- Real Madrid Loanee Wants Chelsea Stay Despite Zidane Return
- Morata reveals Hazard’s Madrid secret
- Chelsea fans fume as Courtois trolls Chelsea again
- Chelsea sign Kepa to replace Courtois
- Chelsea set sights on Jan Oblak
- Sarri won’t block Courtois’ move to Madrid
- Agent begs Chelsea to let Courtois join Madrid
- Everton to snub Chelsea approach for Pickford
- Sarri’s top targets in Chelsea’s slow transfer dealings
Jan Oblak has an £89m release clause, and the report states that Chelsea will make a bid in the next 24 hours as they try to push for a move.
Chelsea have set their eyes on Oblak after reported moves for Reina, Alisson, and Jordan Pickford have fallen through this summer.
Alisson preferred a move to Liverpool, Reina opted to commit to AC Milan who just signed him this summer, while Everton reportedly demanded £58m for Pickford.
The potential arrival of Jan Oblak means that Courtois will get his chance of a move to Real Madrid.