Chelsea is ready to reward winger, Christian Pulisic for a brilliant maiden campaign at Stamford Bridge by handing him the iconic No.10 shirt following the departure of Willian to Arsenal.
SaveChelsea understands that Willian had only inherited the jersey from Eden Hazard a year ago when the Belgium international moved to Real Madrid.
The Brazilian international opted to leave Frank Lampard’s side at the end of his contract and moved to Mikel Arteta’s side on a free transfer this summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard Reveals How Petr Cech Is Helping Solve Chelsea’s Goalkeeping Woes
- West Brom Vs Chelsea: Lampard Speaks On Starting Mendy Ahead Of Kepa In EPL Clash
- What Frank Lampard Told Havertz About Football Royalty
- Chelsea Vs Barnsley: Lampard Gives Injury Notice On Ziyech, Pulisic, Chilwell
- Why Frank Lampard Got It Wrong For Chelsea’s Defeat To Liverpool – Gary Neville
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
His move has now created a vacancy for the No.10 shirt, which has also been worn by the likes of Mark Hughes and Joe Cole in the past.
According to The Athletic, Pulisic will become the latest player to take on the No.10 mantle, with the American international having displayed some spectacular performance in his first season at the club to earn the honour.
Pulisic wore the No.22 shirt last season, which will now go to the Blues’ new signing, Hakim Ziyech.
Meanwhile, Ziyech wore the No.22 shirt during Chelsea’s 1-1 friendly draw against Brighton last month.