Mateo Kovacic has made it clear to Real Madrid that he wants to leave in search of regular playing time elsewhere.
Reports also have it that the player has gone on strike and has refused to report for training in his attempt to force a move away from the Santiago Bernabeu this summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- Kenedy returns to Chelsea after failing to win over Newcastle
- Emerson Palmieri prefers Chelsea stay over Inter move
- BREAKING NEWS: Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri charged by FA (See Why)
- Chelsea Are Favourites To Sign Brazilian Sensation, Guimaraes
- Why Hazard Is Thrilled With Zidane’s Return To Real Madrid
- Inter Milan to make move for Chelsea defender, Emerson
- I WANT TO STAY AT CHELSEA – ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN
- I told Drinkwater In August That He Wasn’t Needed In My Team – Sarri
According to Marca, Kovacic is very close to joining the Blues on loan this summer as there are reports that an agreement between both parties is close to being struck.
Marca also claim that the deal which was preceded by talks which commenced on Tuesday may be announced in the coming hours.
Mateo Kovacic’s career has stalled since he joined Real Madrid from Inter in 2015. The player also struggled to start games for Croatia in the Russia 2018 World Cup.
A move to Stamford Bridge will definitely guarantee him the desired playing time that he craves.