Remarkably, Chelsea have led the way when it comes to spending in the Premier League this summer.
Kai Havertz is set to be added to the already impressive haul of five other players over the course of the window.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Spurs Win Penalty Shootout Against Chelsea After Mount Miss
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Chelsea FIFA 21 Player Ratings With N’Golo Kante Highest-Rated On FUT 21
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- Chelsea Fans Back One Of Last Season’s Stars To Outshine Werner And Havertz
- How Mason Mount Reacted To Chelsea Signing Kai Havertz – Lampard
Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner, Ben Chilwell, Malang Sarr and Thiago Silva have all put pen to paper with the Blues in a new era under Frank Lampard.
Havertz is going to be another key string to that attacking bow, having shown in the Bundesliga what he can do for Bayer Leverkusen.
The 21-year-old will be another big-money signing for the Blues, and while there is certainly some excitement around the signing, it might not be the end of the spending spree.
Chelsea are planning to dip into the market once again and try to fix some of the other problem positions that the Blues are struggling in.
The first is going to be the goalkeeper position, which was a real thorn in the side of Lampard over the course of the 2019/20 campaign.
Kepa Arrizabalaga struggled in the season and was dropped twice by the Blues boss, replaced by Willy Caballero.
The Blues are going to be targeting a shotstopper who can push the Spaniard for the number one position.
Edouard Mendy is being looked at as the man to come in from Rennes, with the goalkeeper potentially costing the Blues around the €30million mark.
After that, the Blues might look to reopen interest in Declan Rice, seeing if they can get a deal out of West Ham needing the money.
The Hammers are not expected to let one of their star players leave cheaply and negotiations for the England international would be tough.
But with his ability to play in both the centre-back and central midfield positions, Rice could be an important target for the Blues.
Havertz maybe be a done deal, but the Blues won’t be resting on their laurels as they try to chase down Liverpool and Manchester City.