- Pedro highlights qualities of Reds centre-back.
- Van Dijk will pose a very big challenge for us.
Tonight Chelsea take on fellow English side Liverpool, in the first all English UEFA Super cup final. The match is scheduled for 8 pm UK Time at the Vodafone Park, Istanbul, Turkey.
The annual match sees the winners of the Europa League and Champions League face off against each other to be crowned the Champions of Europe.
Ahead of the clash, Chelsea star Pedro compares Virgil van Dijk to one of Reds biggest nemeses, that is Sergio Ramos, at least in terms of qualities. During the pre-match conference, he was quizzed on the calibre of Liverpool’s defender.
Highlighting the Dutch’s qualities, the 32-year-old compared Virgil to Los Blancos captain, the villain to Liverpool’s dream 2018 Champions League Cup.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
- Uefa Super Cup 2019- Chelsea vs Liverpool
- Pedro sets new record after UEL cup win.
- AC Milan chiefs arrived in London to hold talks with Maurizio Sarri
- Chelsea Set To Offload 24-Year-Old Midfielder
- Barcelona keep a close eye on €50m-rated Chelsea prolific forward
- Eden Hazard offered mega $735,000-a-week deal after tax to join Real Madrid
- Why Hazard Is Thrilled With Zidane’s Return To Real Madrid
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Zinedine Zidane Set To Offload Ex-Chelsea Goalkeeper
The Reds suffered a 3-1 loss and also lost their star man Mohamed Salah to a shoulder injury forcing him to an early substitution early courtesy of a Sergio Ramos Challenge.
Comparing both central backs Pedro Rodriguez had this to say:
“They are very good central defenders, probably at this time at the top,” said Pedro.
“Sergio Ramos is very good. I know him very well: great defender, great with the ball.
“Van Dijk is also the same: so strong, very good in the air, scores goals. Two big players.
“He’s in a good moment. Last season with Liverpool, he had a great season winning the Champions League and the best player in the premier league. He’s in a good moment and he’s a good defender.”
The Blues will be hoping for a good start to their 2019/2020 season following their emphatic 4-0 loss on opening day to Manchester United in the Premier League.
However, a win tonight will help boost the team morale ahead of the game on Sunday when they host Leicester City.
Savechelsea.net reported earlier Uefa Super Cup 2019- Chelsea vs Liverpool….