- Chelsea players feature for their Countries on the international stage.
- Arizabalaga starts ahead of De Gea for Spain.
The 2018/2019 season may be over but it isn’t a holiday just yet, it’s time to represent the country on an international stage in European qualifiers for Euro 2020 or the Uefa Nations League.
Chelsea goal stopper Arizabalaga was called to action for Spain’s in their qualifiers against Faroe Island, the match ended 4-1 in Spain’s favour. Sergio Ramos scored the opening goal, Jesus Navas doubled Spain’s lead, an own goal and a Luis Gaya goal sealed their win.
Kepa started the game ahead of Real Betis Pau Lopez and Favourite Manchester United’s De Gea, a second-half save by the 24-year-old was the only real test Kepa faced throughout the game.
Denmark International Andreas Christensen starred in the 1-1draw against the Republic of Ireland in another Euro qualifier. A late Shane Duffy equalizer cancelled out Pierre Emile Hojbjerg 76th minute opener.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Callum Hudson Odoi gives condition to sign Chelsea new contract.
- Chelsea stars feature on international stage.
- Christensen wants to stay at Chelsea amid Sarri transfer speculation
- Chelsea winger, Callum Hudson-Odoi undergoes successful surgery
- Chelsea Are Favourites To Sign Brazilian Sensation, Guimaraes
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
Eden Hazard, back on the international stage also featured in Belgium 3-0 win over Kazakhstan in their group I encounter, goals from Mertens, Castagne and Lukaku ensured Belgium 100 per cent start to the Euro 2020 qualifiers.
The Uefa Nations League concluded yesterday the 9th of June, the host Portugal were crowned champions, defeating Holland by a goal (1-0) in the finals.
Third-place playoff between England and Switzerland ended in a goalless draw, though the match had to be settled on penalties, it ended (6-5) in favour England. Chelsea’s duo Callum Hudson- Odoi and Ross Barkley were among those that represented England in the competition.
However, Brazil has called Willian to join the Copa America squad to replace the injured Neymar who suffered an ankle injury in Wednesday’s warm-up game. The Copa America on starts on Saturday, June 15 with host Brazil in a game against Bolivia.
Savechelsea.net earlier reported Willian to follow Hudson Odoi footstep and sign a new contract at Chelsea.
Willian is likely to sign a new 2-year-deal to end rumours linking him away from the Bridge, the 30-year-old will be joining Hudson-Odoi who also just signed a 5-year deal with the Blues.
Please leave a comment in the box below.