Reports from Sportitalia indicate that Maurizio Sarri is still targeted by Chelsea as they put plans in place for a strategy to fight Napoli for the Italian manager.
The negotiations broke down after Napoli refused to terminate Sarri’s contract even after hiring Carlo Ancelotti as new boss ahead of the new season. Chelsea, on the other hand, refused to pay the €8m release clause that Napoli is insisting on.
Sportitalia have claimed that Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia jetted into Russia in order to devise a strategy with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich. According to the report, efforts to free Sarri from Napoli’s grasp begin on Monday amid reports from Il Mattino that Sarri will hand in his resignation. Regardless, the coach will remain on Napoli’s payroll till the deal is terminated by mutual consent.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Mason Mount extends his Stamford Bridge stay
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
Meanwhile, Chelsea reportedly agreed a deal with Laurent Blanc last week but continue to consider him as an alternative should a move for their preferred candidate fall through.