Reports from Sportitalia indicate that Maurizio Sarri is still targeted by Chelsea as they put plans in place for a strategy to fight Napoli for the Italian manager.
The negotiations broke down after Napoli refused to terminate Sarri’s contract even after hiring Carlo Ancelotti as new boss ahead of the new season. Chelsea, on the other hand, refused to pay the €8m release clause that Napoli is insisting on.
Sportitalia have claimed that Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia jetted into Russia in order to devise a strategy with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich. According to the report, efforts to free Sarri from Napoli’s grasp begin on Monday amid reports from Il Mattino that Sarri will hand in his resignation. Regardless, the coach will remain on Napoli’s payroll till the deal is terminated by mutual consent.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Mendy Set to Seal £18.2m Chelsea Move
- why Chelsea Broke Transfer Record For Kai Havertz – Chelsea Director
- Ben Chilwell To Get His Dream Shirt Number At Chelsea If……..
- Former Chelsea Boss Antonio Conte Alert Club Over Inter Milan Future
- Havertz Deal Deadline: Lampard Makes New Demand For Chelsea
- See Chelsea’s Best Line-Up If Marina Granovskaia Completes Thiago Silva Transfer
- Marina Granovskaia Set For Chelsea Free Spot
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
Meanwhile, Chelsea reportedly agreed a deal with Laurent Blanc last week but continue to consider him as an alternative should a move for their preferred candidate fall through.