- Olivier Giroud has taken a swipe at his former club, Arsenal.
- The Frenchman scored the opener as Chelsea trashed Arsenal 4-1 in Baku.
- Giroud joined Chelsea from Arsenal in January 2018 in an £18million deal.
Chelsea striker, Olivier Giroud has taken a shot against his former club, Arsenal after winning the Europa League title with Chelsea.
The Frenchman swapped the Gunners for the Blues in January 2018 and went on to win the English FA Cup trophy five months later.
Giroud scored the opener in Chelsea’s victory over Arsenal in Baku and the Frenchman has told ChelseaTV that he is a “proper Blue” – in a dig which will attract the wrath of Arsenal fans.
“It was an improvement going from Arsenal to Chelsea and I knew I would have the opportunity to win some more trophies.
“To win this Europa League one year after winning the World Cup is great for me.
“I’m a Blue, a proper Blue. It’s a new chapter of my career and it was very special to score. I am so proud of this team.
“I’m 32, nearly 33, but I feel like there is more and more to come. I am still hungry and I am looking forward to next year: playing in the Champions League and fighting for more titles.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
This statement comes after the Giroud was captured screaming “Thank you Arsenal” on the Chelsea team bus as Chelsea continued their celebrations after winning the Europa League.
Also, you can check out the post on I Feel Blessed To Have Won The Europa League With Chelsea – Giroud
Chelsea striker, Olivier Giroud has expressed his pleasure and delight after winning the Europa League trophy with Chelsea.
The 2018 Word Cup winner was instrumental to Chelsea’s Europa League success this season after scoring 11 goals and providing 5 assists in the competition.