- Olivier Giroud has taken a swipe at his former club, Arsenal.
- The Frenchman scored the opener as Chelsea trashed Arsenal 4-1 in Baku.
- Giroud joined Chelsea from Arsenal in January 2018 in an £18million deal.
Chelsea striker, Olivier Giroud has taken a shot against his former club, Arsenal after winning the Europa League title with Chelsea.
The Frenchman swapped the Gunners for the Blues in January 2018 and went on to win the English FA Cup trophy five months later.
Giroud scored the opener in Chelsea’s victory over Arsenal in Baku and the Frenchman has told ChelseaTV that he is a “proper Blue” – in a dig which will attract the wrath of Arsenal fans.
“It was an improvement going from Arsenal to Chelsea and I knew I would have the opportunity to win some more trophies.
“To win this Europa League one year after winning the World Cup is great for me.
“I’m a Blue, a proper Blue. It’s a new chapter of my career and it was very special to score. I am so proud of this team.
“I’m 32, nearly 33, but I feel like there is more and more to come. I am still hungry and I am looking forward to next year: playing in the Champions League and fighting for more titles.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Carabao Cup: Arsenal, Chelsea’s Possible Opponents
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- N’Golo Kante Makes Transfer Decision As Chelsea Reveals His Price Tag
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
This statement comes after the Giroud was captured screaming “Thank you Arsenal” on the Chelsea team bus as Chelsea continued their celebrations after winning the Europa League.
Also, you can check out the post on I Feel Blessed To Have Won The Europa League With Chelsea – Giroud
Chelsea striker, Olivier Giroud has expressed his pleasure and delight after winning the Europa League trophy with Chelsea.
The 2018 Word Cup winner was instrumental to Chelsea’s Europa League success this season after scoring 11 goals and providing 5 assists in the competition.