Reports suggest that Chelsea are considering a shock move for Arsenal goalkeeper Petr Cech. The Blues have also been linked with a possible move for Leicester City’s Kasper Schmeichel as they prepare for life without Thibaut Courtois.
Cech enjoyed significant success at Chelsea before he left for Arsenal in 2015. He was replaced by Courtois at the club, and now the Russia 2018 Golden Glove winner has been linked with a move to Real Madrid which appears to be as good as done.
Therefore, Chelsea are in need of a quality replacement between the sticks and Sky Sports have suggested that the possibility of Cech’s return to Stamford Bridge is a genuine option.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Despite Chelsea links rumor Mourinho believes cech is committed to arsenal
- Zinedine Zidane Set To Offload Ex-Chelsea Goalkeeper
- Real Madrid Loanee Wants Chelsea Stay Despite Zidane Return
- Morata reveals Hazard’s Madrid secret
- Chelsea fans fume as Courtois trolls Chelsea again
- Chelsea sign Kepa to replace Courtois
- Chelsea set sights on Jan Oblak
- Sarri won’t block Courtois’ move to Madrid
- Agent begs Chelsea to let Courtois join Madrid
- Cech – Chelsea have not contacted me
Cech joined the Gunners in 2015 and has since gone on to make 117 appearances for the club. However, he might be allowed to leave the club after they recently acquired German goalkeeper Bernd Leno.
Schmeichel has also emerged as another target for Chelsea. The Dane was impressive at the Russia 2018 World Cup for his country and was instrumental in their progress in the competition.