- Chelsea target 24 years old English international and Newcastle center back.
- Jamaal Lascelles happy at Newcastle plays down Chelsea transfer talk.
Chelsea target Jamaal Lascelles has insisted that he’s happy with life at Newcastle, whilst admitting that he is at the right club at the right time.
The 24-year-old defender as appointed the captain of the side by Rafa Benitez almost two years ago, and has been impressive, playing his part as the Magpies finished in the top 10 on their return back to the Premier League.
Chelsea are in need of defensive reinforcements this summer as they intend to lower the average age of their backline. However, Lascelles has insisted that he is happy at St James’ Park, and he made this known in an interview with Chronicle Live.
“This is the happiest I’ve been. I’m playing week in, week out. And I’m the captain here, the fans love me, and I’ve got a good relationship with them because I love them. And we’re doing well, too.
“I’m very happy here. You hear things, you hear rumours and stuff, but I’m a young player and I need to be playing football at a good club – and that’s what this is.
“Overall it’s been an unreal season as far as I’m concerned, both for me personally, and more importantly for the club.
“This is the right club for me at the right time. We have a huge fanbase, an amazing manager, and this club is massive. It has so much history.
“As captain, I want to see how far we can go – and potentially take it back to where it belongs.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
Former Chelsea defender Alex has urged the club to keep hold of center-back David Luiz, insisting that he’s still among the best in his position.
David Luiz helped Chelsea to the Premier League title in the 2016/17 season but has struggled to make a mark on the side this season, having made just 14 appearances in all competitions.