As Chelsea gear towards the possible departure of Antonio Conte from Stamford Bridge in the summer, reports in Italy indicate that Chelsea has made Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri a managerial priority this summer.
It was reported that Sarri has an €8 million release clause, although this applies only to clubs outside the Serie A. Meanwhile, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is seriously considering matching the release clause of the Italian tactician according to reports from La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Calciomercato had initially confirmed two months ago that Sarri has put contract extension talks with the Napoli hierarchy on hold, and the same situation persists as negotiations between the two parties are nor progressing very well
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
It is also being speculated, amid the reported Chelsea interest in Sarri, that he has asked his staff to take English lessons, a language Sarri is very conversant with as he had worked as a banker in London before starting off his managerial career.