As Chelsea gear towards the possible departure of Antonio Conte from Stamford Bridge in the summer, reports in Italy indicate that Chelsea has made Napoli boss Maurizio Sarri a managerial priority this summer.
It was reported that Sarri has an €8 million release clause, although this applies only to clubs outside the Serie A. Meanwhile, Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is seriously considering matching the release clause of the Italian tactician according to reports from La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Calciomercato had initially confirmed two months ago that Sarri has put contract extension talks with the Napoli hierarchy on hold, and the same situation persists as negotiations between the two parties are nor progressing very well
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Lampard Fires Back At Mourinho Ahead Of Carabao Cup Clash
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
It is also being speculated, amid the reported Chelsea interest in Sarri, that he has asked his staff to take English lessons, a language Sarri is very conversant with as he had worked as a banker in London before starting off his managerial career.