- Maurizio Sarri’s gives hints on a possible Chelsea move this summer.
- The Italian tactician has been heavily criticized by the Napoli president.
Napoli boss and Chelsea target Maurizio Sarri has suggested that he could leave Napoli in the summer, whilst confirming the existence of an €8million release clause in his contract. It is now no news that the Italian manager has been repeatedly linked with a possible move to Chelsea to replace Conte who may be leaving Stamford Bridge this summer.
Sarri has transformed Napoli into one of the best sides to watch in Europe, and they have given Juventus a good fight for the Serie A title this season, although they finally fell short in that regard after drawing 2:2 at home to Torino, effectively handing the title to Juventus.
However, Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis has been publicly critical of Sarri’s mode of work, accusing him of not engaging in an effective rotation of the squad.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
“If the president is happy, good, if he is not happy, I’m sorry, and he can always take to the exit option he has. If he calls me, I will calmly talk about it,”
“I’ve always tried to do my best for the team and if I have to leave, it’s not for what the president has said.”
“There is a contract that has a clause worth €8m. We have 11 days to evaluate the situation and that is more than enough time.”
“If the era is over, that’s down to the club. If the club cannot keep hold of six or seven of these players, then clearly an era is over.”
“What Napoli fans make you experience is remarkable, but it also puts fear in you that it could end. It can make you think that it might be best to walk away when there is still reciprocal love rather than risk moments of difficulty.”
Click to read more on Maurizio Sarri…
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Chelsea’s preseason schedule in shambles.
These are not really exciting times at Chelsea with the numerous uncertainties clouding the club recently. The club’s preseason schedule had to be ripped up due to issues regarding the combination of (semi) competitive fixture developments, as well as a mistake on the part of the ICC organizers.