- Maurizio Sarri’s gives hints on a possible Chelsea move this summer.
- The Italian tactician has been heavily criticized by the Napoli president.
Napoli boss and Chelsea target Maurizio Sarri has suggested that he could leave Napoli in the summer, whilst confirming the existence of an €8million release clause in his contract. It is now no news that the Italian manager has been repeatedly linked with a possible move to Chelsea to replace Conte who may be leaving Stamford Bridge this summer.
Sarri has transformed Napoli into one of the best sides to watch in Europe, and they have given Juventus a good fight for the Serie A title this season, although they finally fell short in that regard after drawing 2:2 at home to Torino, effectively handing the title to Juventus.
However, Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis has been publicly critical of Sarri’s mode of work, accusing him of not engaging in an effective rotation of the squad.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Chelsea Target Havertz Wants To Take The ‘Next Step’ In His Career
“If the president is happy, good, if he is not happy, I’m sorry, and he can always take to the exit option he has. If he calls me, I will calmly talk about it,”
“I’ve always tried to do my best for the team and if I have to leave, it’s not for what the president has said.”
“There is a contract that has a clause worth €8m. We have 11 days to evaluate the situation and that is more than enough time.”
“If the era is over, that’s down to the club. If the club cannot keep hold of six or seven of these players, then clearly an era is over.”
“What Napoli fans make you experience is remarkable, but it also puts fear in you that it could end. It can make you think that it might be best to walk away when there is still reciprocal love rather than risk moments of difficulty.”
Click to read more on Maurizio Sarri…
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Chelsea’s preseason schedule in shambles.
These are not really exciting times at Chelsea with the numerous uncertainties clouding the club recently. The club’s preseason schedule had to be ripped up due to issues regarding the combination of (semi) competitive fixture developments, as well as a mistake on the part of the ICC organizers.