Chelsea emerged victorious after thrashing Arsenal 4:0 at the Emirates to complete a 7:1 aggregate win and subsequently end up as fifth consecutive FA Youth Cup winners.
The young Blues have now matched the record of Man United’s Busby Babes from the 1950s by winning the competition for a fifth consecutive year. Chelsea started the rout at the Emirates in the 11th minute through a strike from Charlie Gilmour.
Callum Hudson-Odoi scored a brace, with Tino Anjorin also being on target to complete an emphatic 4 nil victory over the Junior Gunners. The Chelsea academy have now won 7 Youth Cup titles since 2010.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Hudson-Odoi has a huge opportunity in front of him says Lampard
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Callum Hudson Odoi gives condition to sign Chelsea new contract.
- Chelsea stars feature on international stage.
- Chelsea winger, Callum Hudson-Odoi undergoes successful surgery
- Chelsea To Wait On Callum Hudson-Odoi
- Sarri Includes Chelsea youngsters Richard Nartey and Ruben Sammut With First Team Squad
- Eden Hazard trains with team-mates ahead of Europa League clash against Slavia Prague
- Hudson-Odoi set for January loan move
The Young Gunner who needed an early goal to turn the game on its head were watched by Thierry Henry and Jack Wilshere, although their presence was not enough to inspire the young gunners to a win over their London rivals.