- Chelsea to be affected by FIFA’s Loan rule.
- FIFA changes loan puts policy Chelsea in new crisis.
Reports emerging froeportm Germany suggest that football’s governing body FIFA may limit the number of players allowed to leave a club on loan to eight.
However, graduates from club academies will be able to leave and garner quality first-team experience.
Chelsea FC will be one of the clubs that will be heavily affected if the new rule comes to fruition.
The Blues currently have over 40 players on loan and the plan by FIFA according to reports from Bild will have a huge impact on the club’s loan policy.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
- Full Carabao Cup Second and Third Round Draw: Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham Features
- Chelsea and Manchester City In Pain Over Lionel Messi Transfer Blow As La Liga Issue Key Statement
- Stations To Watch Every Chelsea Match On TV In 2020/2021
- Nicolas Tagliafico: Chelsea Interested In Ajax Left-Back
- Chelsea’s Writes Willian Ahead Of Arsenal Unveiling
The rule which is set to be set will not affect players who are under 21 and have come in through club academies. It will only affect players who have been bought.
The report from Bild said:
“Talents under the age of 21 who have been trained by their home club and have been under contract there for an extended period of time may continue to be borrowed in unlimited numbers to further their development by collecting match practice elsewhere”
Chelsea currently have the likes of Tiemoue Bakayoko, Michy Batshuayi, and Kurt Zouma all out on loan. They were all bought.
savechelsea.net also reported that Chelsea risk 2 year ban due to FIFA investigations.
Reports suggest that Chelsea alongside four other Premier League clubs risk being hit with a transfer ban as FIFA investigates the acquisition of foreign players under the age of 18.
According to the French investigative website Mediapart, the integrity and compliance unit of FIFA has made a proposal that a two-year transfer ban which could stretch across four transfer windows be slammed on the London club for this, alongside 13 other offenses plus a fine of £384,000.