Bayern Leverkusen defender Benjamin Henrichs has emerged as a transfer target for Chelsea. The Blues are reportedly planning a £31m raid on Leverkusen to acquire the signature of the 21-year-old German who has caught the eye recently.
Benjamin Henrichs has established himself as one of the mainstays in the Leverkusen defense in the past few seasons after breaking into the first team. He has also earned a couple of caps for the German senior national team. He is also believed to be a subject of interest from the likes of Manchester United and Manchester City.
The Bundesliga outfit moved early in a smart move as they tied him down to a new contract last summer keeping him at the club till 2022, whilst raising his release clause to £31m.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
However, reports from The Sun suggest that Chelsea are ready to meet the player’s valuation as they look ahead to strengthen their squad next season, regardless of whether Antonio Conte stays or goes, as Leverkusen are already resigned to losing him.
Henrichs has been at Leverkusen since he was eight and has made 74 senior appearances for the club till date.