According to reports, Chelsea are preparing to offer Willian a two-year contract extension to ward off interest from Manchester United.
The Brazilian winger was heavily linked with a move away from Chelsea this summer, with Man United and Barcelona emerging as likely destinations.
The Brazilian recently revealed that he would have opted for a move away from Chelsea if Antonio Conte had remained as the manager of the club.
However, he chose to remain as Maurizio Sarri was appointed to replace the departed Antonio Conte this summer.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
There are now reports that Chelsea are willing to go back on their policy by offering Willian a new two-year deal.
Chelsea usually offer a one-year contract extension to players over the age of 30 but will be willing to make an exception for Willian who became 30 last week.
Willian has just under two years left on his current deal, but the new offer will see him earn above his current £120,000 weekly wage.