- Chelsea Football Club unhappy with its supporters who were participated in the anti-Semitic chants in Mol Vidi.
- The Club has promised to take disciplinary action against any supporter who is found guilty.
- The club had earlier suspended 4 fans who made racial chants at Raheem Sterling.
Chelsea Football club has promised to take very strong action against any supporter who engaged in singing anti-Semitic chants during the club’s Europa League 2 all draw away to Mol Vidi in Hungary on Thursday night.
According to reports, a set of fans were heard chanting offensive songs about Tottenham fans which contained anti-Semitic language.
This is coming just days after the club swung into action by suspending 4 fans who were alleged to have hurled racial abuses at Raheem Sterling when Chelsea hosted Manchester City at Stamford Bridge in the Premier League last Sunday.
It can be recalled that the club came up with an initiative in January to raise awareness about anti-Semitism.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Reject The Chance To Sign Nathan Ake
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
A Chelsea spokesperson said:
“Anti-Semitism and any other kind of race-related or religious hatred are abhorrent to this club and the overwhelming majority of our fans.
“It has no place at Chelsea or in any of our communities.
“We have stated this loud and clear on many occasions from the owner, the board, coaches and players.
“Any individuals that can’t summon the brainpower to comprehend this simple message and are found to have shamed the club by used using anti-Semitic or racist words or actions will face the strongest possible action from the club.”
SaveChelsea.net previously reported that struggling English Premier League side, Crystal Palace is keen on making a move for Tammy Abraham in the January transfer window. Abraham has been spectacular in the Championship and remains a key player under Dean Smith.
How do you think racial chants and comments can be stopped in sports especially football? Kindly comment below.