Reports from the Telegraph suggest that Chelsea will not listen to any offers for Tiemoue Bakayoko and Alvaro Morata when the summer transfer window opens.The duo were signed before the commencement of the ongoing season but have failed to live up to the hype that surrounded their arrival. This could be relative though.
Alvaro Morata has shown glimpses of what he can offer in the opposition area whilst netting some crucial goals for Chelsea, but it’s obvious the club isn’t getting what they expected thus far, hence the recruitment of Frenchman Olivier Giroud to boost their striking options.
Meanwhile, Bakayoko hasn’t been top notch in the midfield position despite the decent game time he has garnered in the course of the season. Monaco are believed to be interested in bringing the Frenchman back to France, but Chelsea are willing to give the midfielder more time to prove his mettle in midfield.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
Morata has scored 15 goals in 44 games in all competitions for Chelsea this season, whilst providing 6 assists in the process. It’s no news that the bulk of his goals has been scored with his head. Bakayoko has made 39 appearances, scoring 3 goals and providing 3 assists thus far.