Reports suggest that Chelsea turned down the chance to sign Nabil Fekir this summer as they believed that they had more players who were suited for his position.
According to Goal. the club’s decision ultimately boiled down to their ability to keep hold of a good number of their key players throughout the summer.
Fekir was linked with a move to Stamford Bridge towards the latter stages of the transfer window.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
Reports claimed that talks between Chelsea and Ligue 1 side Lyon had taken place as the Blues assessed their options in the transfer market.
Fekir was set to join Liverpool this summer but the move fell through at the final moment.
The player was linked with a move to Chelsea, and this was at the time when Willian was strongly linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge. However, he remained at the club.