Chelsea welcome Arsenal to Stamford Bridge this weekend in the Premier League as two new managers will be at the dugouts for the first time in this encounter in decades.
Chelsea are coming off the back of a 3 nil win away to Huddersfield while Arsenal are coming off the back of a 2 nil defeat to Man City at the Emirates.
Therefore, Unai Emery and his men will visit Stamford Bridge with a win in mind while Chelsea will be looking to continue their winning streak.
Ahead of the game, here are some key facts on Chelsea vs Arsenal:
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
1. Arsenal manager Unai Emery will be hoping to avoid a record as the first Gunners manager to lose his two games in charge since 1986.
2. Arsenal haven’t lost their first two games in a season since the 1992/93 campaign when they were beaten by Norwich and Blackburn.
3. Chelsea have emerged as winners in 5 of their last 6 home games against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge. The only exception was the 0:0 draw last season.
4. Arsenal have not scored a goal in four of their last five visits to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League. A 3:1 defeat in the 2016/17 season.
5. Aside from last season’s goalless draw at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have scored in 12 consecutive games against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge in all competitions.
6. In all competitions, the Gunners have kept 2 clean sheets in their last 2 away games to Chelsea. They haven’t kept 3 in a row away to Chelsea since January 1924.
7. As Napoli manager, Maurizio Sarri lost only 4 home games in 57 in the league. He won 43 and drew 10.
8. Olivier Giroud will be the only player after Cesc Fabregas to score in this fixture for both sides if he finds the back of the net tomorrow having scored for Arsenal in February 2017.
9. Aubameyang will be targeting his 150th league goal in the big five European leagues.
It can be recalled that it was an even encounter in pre-season although Chelsea had some key names absent.
With all key men available tomorrow, we are set for a cracking fixture. The Blues must not underrate the Gunners who have been having the last laugh recently in this fixture.
Hopefully, Morata can find the back of the net if he starts, and Chelsea get to make it 2 wins from 2 games under Sarri with quality football.