Chelsea welcome Arsenal to Stamford Bridge this weekend in the Premier League as two new managers will be at the dugouts for the first time in this encounter in decades.
Chelsea are coming off the back of a 3 nil win away to Huddersfield while Arsenal are coming off the back of a 2 nil defeat to Man City at the Emirates.
Therefore, Unai Emery and his men will visit Stamford Bridge with a win in mind while Chelsea will be looking to continue their winning streak.
Ahead of the game, here are some key facts on Chelsea vs Arsenal:
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
1. Arsenal manager Unai Emery will be hoping to avoid a record as the first Gunners manager to lose his two games in charge since 1986.
2. Arsenal haven’t lost their first two games in a season since the 1992/93 campaign when they were beaten by Norwich and Blackburn.
3. Chelsea have emerged as winners in 5 of their last 6 home games against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge. The only exception was the 0:0 draw last season.
4. Arsenal have not scored a goal in four of their last five visits to Stamford Bridge in the Premier League. A 3:1 defeat in the 2016/17 season.
5. Aside from last season’s goalless draw at Stamford Bridge, Chelsea have scored in 12 consecutive games against Arsenal at Stamford Bridge in all competitions.
6. In all competitions, the Gunners have kept 2 clean sheets in their last 2 away games to Chelsea. They haven’t kept 3 in a row away to Chelsea since January 1924.
7. As Napoli manager, Maurizio Sarri lost only 4 home games in 57 in the league. He won 43 and drew 10.
8. Olivier Giroud will be the only player after Cesc Fabregas to score in this fixture for both sides if he finds the back of the net tomorrow having scored for Arsenal in February 2017.
9. Aubameyang will be targeting his 150th league goal in the big five European leagues.
It can be recalled that it was an even encounter in pre-season although Chelsea had some key names absent.
With all key men available tomorrow, we are set for a cracking fixture. The Blues must not underrate the Gunners who have been having the last laugh recently in this fixture.
Hopefully, Morata can find the back of the net if he starts, and Chelsea get to make it 2 wins from 2 games under Sarri with quality football.