Thiago Alcantara will be unveiled as a Liverpool player tonight, before this weekend’s trip to face Chelsea in the Premier League, the UK Mirror reports.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Vs Liverpool: What Klopp Did To His Players For Celebrating
- Chelsea Vs Liverpool: Thiago Alcantara To Be Unveiled Ahead Of EPL Clash
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
- Klopp – We must strike back at Chelsea
- Hazard – Still too early to judge Sarri
- Rudiger warns Salah ahead of Premier League encounter
- Bad News: Salah to escape 3 game ban ahead of Chelsea game
Despite Bayern’s confirmation, with Bayern chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge explaining that Thiago had “a great wish to do something new before the end of his career”, Liverpool refused to confirm his arrival in England.
But it is understood Thiago was due to arrive on Merseyside late on Thursday evening.
The 29-year-old will complete the second part of a medical assessment and finalise contract terms on a four-year deal.
The Reds will pay £20m, with a further £5m depending on bonuses related to success in the Champions League and Premier League, but only if Thiago plays a significant role.