Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp, was left fuming after his players celebrated Andreas Christensen’s red card, during their 2-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday.
Christensen was dismissed shortly before half time after he hauled down Sadio Mane, who was clean through on goal.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Why Frank Lampard Got It Wrong For Chelsea’s Defeat To Liverpool – Gary Neville
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- Chelsea Vs Liverpool: What Klopp Did To His Players For Celebrating
- Chelsea Vs Liverpool: Thiago Alcantara To Be Unveiled Ahead Of EPL Clash
- Chelsea’s Squad To Clash With Bayern Munich
- Frank Lampard Set To Renew Battle With Jurgen Klopp
- Chelsea star likens Reds defender to the best center half ahead of Super Cup clash
- Chelsea stars feature on international stage.
- Christensen wants to stay at Chelsea amid Sarri transfer speculation
- I WANT TO STAY AT CHELSEA – ANDREAS CHRISTENSEN
Referee Paul Tierney had initially awarded a yellow card but reversed his decision after looking at the pitch-side VAR monitor.
As Christensen made his way off the pitch, Liverpool’s substitutes applauded the decision.
An angry Klopp turned to his Liverpool players in the stands and said: “Are you crazy? We never, ever do that, okay?”
Sadio Mane scored twice in the second half against the 10 men, to hand the champions victory.
Chelsea had a chance to pull one back late in the game, but Jorginho saw his penalty saved by Alisson Becker.