On-loan Chelsea Brazilian youngster Kenedy has issued an emotional farewell to Newcastle in which he promised the Magpies that he will never forget the time he spent at the club.
Kenedy joined Newcastle on loan from Chelsea in the second half of the season in order to garner more game time and experience. He impressed in the course of his loan spell for Rafa Benitez’ side as he established himself as an influential member of the squad.
The 22-year old Brazilian made 13 Premier League starts for the Magpies, and was ineligible to play against Chelsea on the final day of the 2017/18 Premier League season. The youngster took to Instagram and wrote:
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Kenedy returns to Chelsea after failing to win over Newcastle
- Spanish Heavyweights Target Summer Swoop For Out Of Form Chelsea Star
- Newcastle United will let Kenedy go this summer
- Ampadu to join Villa or Derby on loan in January
- Hudson-Odoi set for January loan move
- Callum Hudson-Odoi set for loan move abroad
- Chelsea considering loan deal for Ethan Ampadu
- Odoi linked with January loan move to Villa
- Ampadu signs 5-year contract extension
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone at Newcastle United.”
“Thank you to all the players, every single person of the great staff, the coach Rafa Benitez who trusted me and gave me chance to play for this great club, which I very much enjoyed and, of course, to the all fans for the magnificent support. “It was an amazing chapter in my life and I will never forget it. Howay the Toon!”
Kenedy can play as a left back and as a winger and joined the Blues in 2015 from Fluminense. He has made just 27 appearances in all competitions for Chelsea till date with three goals to his name.
It is left to be seen if he will be given a crucial part to play for Chelsea next season or deemed surplus to requirements. His future might also depend on the manager that will be in charge at Stamford Bridge next season.