- Kante, Hodson-Odoi, Loftus-cheek and Rudiger out for UEL final.
- Christensen, Pedro, and Willian are available for the game at Baku.
Wednesday 29th May would see London rivals Chelsea and Arsenal battle for Europa League glory in a London-derby final.
Chelsea booked their place in Baku after seeing off Eintracht Frankfurt on penalties during their Semi-final clash at the bridge, it ended 4-3 in favor of Chelsea.
The English premier league just concluded, the Blues booked their return to Champions league football finishing third just above London rivals Tottenham and Arsenal respectively. Chelsea also finished runners-up in the EFLcup and reached the UEL final under new boss Maurizio Sarri.
The Blues campaign to win the UEL might have hit a wall with the team having just three midfielders fit for selection, only Jorginho, Barkley and Kovacic are the available option for the Blues.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea’s 2019 Asia Pre-season tour
- Chelsea advised on the ideal manager to replace Sarri and it’s not Frank Lampard
- Eden Hazard’s Madrid shirt number revealed ahead of move.
- When Real Madrid would officially announce Hazard
- How Hazard can equal Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi at Real Madrid – Andy Townsend
- Chelsea’s Possible starting XI against Arsenal
- Chelsea should accept Hazard £100m deal from Madrid- Mariner
- Chelsea winger, Callum Hudson-Odoi undergoes successful surgery
- Azpilicueta – We’ll still attract top players despite UCL absence
- Chelsea keeping tabs on Jordi Alba
Adding to Chelsea list of injuries in N’Golo Kante, who twisted his knee in training earlier this week, having only just recovered from a hamstring strain also included on the injury list is Loftus-Cheek who is recuperating from an Achilles injury suffered during the friendly against New England Revolution in the United State.
Chelsea would likely in defense play the back four consisting Luiz, Christensen, Azipliceuta, and Emerson while the midfield combination will be Jorginho, Kovacic and Barkley and up-front Hazard, Giroud and Pedro.
Giroud has had a poor stats in the Premier League but in the Europa League, he is a different player entirely having found back of the net 10 times in the Europa League this 2018-19 season.
The French international is the only Chelsea player to have scored in double figures in a single European campaign and this might just earn him a start ahead of Higuain. Giroud will also be facing his former team on Wednesday and might be able to exploit his former teammates who have bad defensive records.
Savechelsea.net also reported Chelsea Set-back for ahead of UEL final.
Kante makes headline again after returning from his hamstring injury, this time he is also in the news for twisting knee during training over the weekend. The extent of Frenchman’s injury is unknown but reports suggest he may be sidelined for a long time.
Please comment in the box below.