Chelsea’s Timo Werner has sent strong to signal to Liverpool and Man City.
Recall that Liverpool won the Premier League title last season ahead of second-place Man City, while Chelsea finished in the fourth position behind third-place Manchester United on the log.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Lampard Offers Two Chelsea Players In Exchange For Declan Rice Deal
- Spurs Win Penalty Shootout Against Chelsea After Mount Miss
- Werner Unhappy With Chelsea’s Performance After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Lampard To Sign Declan Rice For £40m After 3-3 Draw With West Brom
- Chelsea FIFA 21 Player Ratings With N’Golo Kante Highest-Rated On FUT 21
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- We Know How To Beat Liverpool, Lampard Brags
- How Mason Mount Reacted To Chelsea Signing Kai Havertz – Lampard
- ‘Werner Will Have A Field Day’ – Chelsea Fans Can’t Believe Liverpool Defending Leeds United
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
But Werner, who joined Chelsea from RB Leipzig this summer, believes Frank Lampard’s men have worked a lot on tactical things, strength and fitness, to make sure they compete with Liverpool and City for the English top-flight league title.
“The work with the manager recently has been really good,” the 24-year-old told Chelsea’s official website.
“He has been showing and explaining to the whole team, not just me, what we can do on the pitch and how to improve on last season.
“He has been great to work with, and he has been discussing his plans for the future, and how we want to battle with teams like Man City and Liverpool.
“I think Chelsea is a big club and with this team that we have, I think we can reach a new level.
“We have worked a lot on tactical things, as well as our strength and fitness, to make sure we are ready for the start of the season.”
Werner scored his first goal for Chelsea a few days ago in their 1-1 friendly draw with Brighton.