- Christensen on his way out of Stamford Bridge.
- The Dane his seen little action on the field under Sarri’s “SARRIBALL” style of play.
The Dane established himself as a key man in defense for the Blues under Antonio Conte last season but has been relegated to the background under Maurizio Sarri.
The player’s chances at the club appear to have been affected by Sarri’s reversal to 2 center-backs as against Conte’s system which fielded 3.
David Luiz who was relegated to the bench last season under Conte has also moved above Andreas Christensen on the pecking order under Sarri who prefers the duo of Rudiger and the Brazilian.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- Why Frank Lampard Got It Wrong For Chelsea’s Defeat To Liverpool – Gary Neville
- Antonio Breaks Silence After Being Dropped In Liverpool Clash
- Chelsea Vs Liverpool: What Klopp Did To His Players For Celebrating
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- N’Golo Kante Makes Transfer Decision As Chelsea Reveals His Price Tag
- Frank Lampard Reveals Key Secrete To Transfer Success (Full Text)
- EPL: Tension In England Over Premier League Rule Change
The Denmark international has found regular first-team action in the Premier League had to come by this season and has had to settle for games in the Europa League and Carabao Cup competition.
The player has now openly admitted that there is the likelihood of a move away from Chelsea if the situation does not improve.
“It has been a hard season. To be honest, it has been very difficult,”
Christensen told bt.dk.
“I had a good season last year and I played a good World Cup.”
“I cannot stand to have so much patience again. Now I am 22-years-old and I really want to play. In the last three seasons, I’ve played, so it is clear that I do not see myself staying if my current situation is also true of the future.”
“It is too early to talk about when to change if I am going to change. But it is clear that it is not a good situation for me.”
Click to read more on Maurizio Sarri…
Also, catch up on our story on the new formation SARRIBALL!! introduced by Chelsea’s new Manager.
Chelsea’s new manager has introduced his new kind of play known as SARRIBALL and some players are already warming up to it, some say its similar to Pep’s Tiki Taka. Click the link to get the full gist.
If Christensen should leave Stamford Bridge, this could be a major blow for the blues, what’s your take on this.
Kindly comment in the box below.