- Andreas Christensen sets hopes high to remain with the blues this summer.
- The Danish full-back has seen little or no playing time under Sarri.
- This is coming despite the fact he was regular under Chelsea’s ex-coach Conte.
Chelsea defender Andreas Christensen has told Sky Sports that he is not expecting a January exit from Chelsea, although he’s not happy with his current situation at the club.
Christensen has struggled to get game time under Sarri, and even when he has, there have been lapses. He’s yet to feature in the Premier League this season.
This was not expected after the Denmark defender played 40 matches for Chelsea under Antonio Conte last season. However, when asked if his future was away from Stamford Bridge, he replied:
“Difficult question. No, I don’t think so.”
“Things are different from last season. I played a lot of games [last season] but this season it hasn’t been like that. It’s always difficult for a player but we’ll see what happens.”
Last month, the defender and his father who is also his agent revealed that he might seek a move away from Chelsea in January if there was no improvement in his game time. However, he has admitted that a move away from Chelsea in January may not materialize.
“If you asked every player that’s not playing if they’re happy, they’re going to say no,” he said. “Everyone wants to play.”
“I can’t do anything else but go back there, train and do my best. Every time I get that opportunity, I have to do well and show him that he can count on me.”
“You don’t want to sit around and wait for it. You want to play straight away and that’s why we all play football.”
“Not playing is not fun. It’s a different situation to last season.”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Chelsea stars feature on international stage.
- Christensen wants to stay at Chelsea amid Sarri transfer speculation
- Maurizio Sarri asks to be released from his Chelsea contract after agreeing Juventus move
- Alvaro Morata speaks on his future ahead of the summer
- Kenedy returns to Chelsea after failing to win over Newcastle
- Eden Hazard offered mega $735,000-a-week deal after tax to join Real Madrid
Meanwhile, SaveChelsea.net earlier reported that The Blues are willing to offer €35m plus Christensen for Cengiz Under swop.
Reports reaching us claims that Chelsea is prepared to offer €35m plus Andreas Christensen to Serie A club Roma for the signature of Cengiz Under. It claims that Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri and the club have identified the Turkey international as a major transfer target and will be going all out for him.
Christensen stays or leave, how important is he in the Sarriball set up?
Please, leave a comment below.