- Christensen to stay if Sarri leaves.
- Christensen reveals why he wants to leave during January transfer.
Christensen was keen to move away from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
The Denmark international was side lined at the arrival of Sarri, the Italian coach preferred the pairing of David Luiz and Rudiger,
The 23-year-old made only one premier league appearance for Chelsea until January, after which he tendered a transfer request.
The center back became more prominent in the starting line up at the other half of the season, when Antonio Rudiger was out with injury.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Chelsea and Arsenal reach agreement for David Luiz
- Ampadu joins RB Leipzig on season long loan
- Lampard is confident Chelsea do not need new signings to achieve greatness
- Frank Lampard says he expect Hudson-Odoi to stay at Chelsea
- Former Teammate backs Lampard for success at the Bridge
- Chelsea will play attacking football under Lampard
- What Benefits will Lampard add to Chelsea
- Chelsea agrees a permanent deal for kovacic
- Chelsea granted permission to begin talks with Lampard
Although, he made a lot of appearance in the Europa league and even ended the season with a convincing 29 appearances in all competition.
“I’m only 23, so it’s probably very wise to stay. It’s nice that there is peace and quiet and I can concentrate on playing football.
“I have always been happy but there have been times when I wanted to play more.
“If I can play as much in the future as I have done in the spring, then that’s fine.
“The end of the season has really been as good as it could. I got a lot of playing time and we ended up winning a trophy, so it couldn’t be better.”
Check also our other reports on Chelsea considering new contract for Rudiger.