- Christensen to stay if Sarri leaves.
- Christensen reveals why he wants to leave during January transfer.
Christensen was keen to move away from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
The Denmark international was side lined at the arrival of Sarri, the Italian coach preferred the pairing of David Luiz and Rudiger,
The 23-year-old made only one premier league appearance for Chelsea until January, after which he tendered a transfer request.
The center back became more prominent in the starting line up at the other half of the season, when Antonio Rudiger was out with injury.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea are Offering a three year deal to Lampard
- Lampard’s link as Chelsea manager is derided and ridiculous
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
- It’s arguable but Maurizio Sarri took the easy route
- Chelsea and Juventus agrees terms on Sarri deal.
- The Chelsea job is becoming less attractive
- Why Jose Mourinho should not return to Chelsea
- Chelsea advised to make Nuno Espirinto their next manager.
- Chelsea stars feature on international stage.
- Chelsea reluctant over making Matteo Kovacic deal permanent
Although, he made a lot of appearance in the Europa league and even ended the season with a convincing 29 appearances in all competition.
“I’m only 23, so it’s probably very wise to stay. It’s nice that there is peace and quiet and I can concentrate on playing football.
“I have always been happy but there have been times when I wanted to play more.
“If I can play as much in the future as I have done in the spring, then that’s fine.
“The end of the season has really been as good as it could. I got a lot of playing time and we ended up winning a trophy, so it couldn’t be better.”
Check also our other reports on Chelsea considering new contract for Rudiger.