The Denmark international is expected to start the game as others might be rested for the key game in the Premier League on Saturday at Stamford Bridge.
Christensen wouldn’t have expected to become a back-up at Chelsea when he signed a new contract in January.
However, the defender suffered a dip in form which also ensured he played no part in the FA Cup final in May.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Lampard has encouraged his side to apply more attacking intent and freedom
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- Lampard will bring some of his back room staffs to Chelsea
- Lampard’s Chelsea return very close
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Latest development on Gonzalo Higuain
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
David Luiz has moved above Christensen on the pecking order at Chelsea since Sarri’s arrival, as only two center-backs are now fielded in the side’s 11.
Christensen will be keen to regain his place in the lineup and a decent performance tonight will put him in good stead for that as there are many games to be played.
Speaking ahead of the game, the Dane said: “If I get a chance to face Liverpool, I have to take it — like I did last week in the Europa League.
“Now that I have got some of the rust out of the way by playing against PAOK, I hope to play as many minutes as I can.
“There could be a lot more games coming up if we go through against Liverpool as well as the Europa League. I hope I will have more of a chance to show the manager what I’m capable of.”
The player appeared to be decent in a 3-at-the-back system but Sarri is yet to put trust in him in a 2-man center-back pairing.
“It doesn’t make much of a difference to me and my game,” Christensen said.
“I have been training with it and feel comfortable with it. Once you get used to it, it’s just as easy to accomplish great results.”