- Conte anticipated Bakayoko’s full return to full form in the Chelsea lineup.
- The Frenchman has been highly impressive in recent games.
Conte has said that Tiemoue Bakayoko’s recent impressive showing is no surprise as he knew the midfielder would need time to adjust to English football.
Bakayoko was impressive in his early games after his arrival at Stamford Bridge but suffered a dip in form, and reached an all-time low when he was sent off in the defeat to Watford in February.
However, the Frenchman has impressed in his recent showings for Chelsea in wins against Burnley, Swansea, and Liverpool, whilst also coming on as a substitute in the FA Cup semi-final success against Southampton at Wembley.
“I trust him and he played a good game against Liverpool,”
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
“If you remember well, I always said that we are talking about a young player. He is only 23 years old and this is his first year in this country.”
“To adapt yourself quickly in this league is not simple and it is not simple to go into our idea of football.”
Bakayoko was once again deployed farther off the pitch in the game against Liverpool and seemed comfortable playing in a more attack-oriented midfield position.
“He has the right characteristics to play for Chelsea. I know him and he has a lot of space for improvement. For this I am sure.”
SaveChelsea.net also reported that Bakayoko expresses disappointment over Conte’s potential exit.
Tiemoue Bakayoko has admitted that he would be disappointed to see Antonio Conte leave Chelsea this summer. The Italian looks set to depart Stamford Bridge at the end of the season.