Antonio Conte has insisted that he is a Chelsea hero regardless of the outcome of the FA Cup final clash against Manchester United at Wembley.
Chelsea has had to endure an average season under Conte this term where they finished fifth on the log and also missed out on the UEFA Champions League next season.
The Italian emerged victorious as his side won the Premier League in his first season which led to his signing of an improved contract although there was no extension of the deal which runs till June 2019.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- The profile of Chelsea FC – Some things a fan must know
Meanwhile, there have been numerous speculations that Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is intent on bringing a new manager to the club after the poor season, indicating that the FA Cup final could be Conte’s last game in charge of Chelsea.
“I can say for sure this will be my last match this season,” Conte said. “For me and my players it will be the last game for us. Then, as you know very well, I have a contract and I’m committed to the club.
“In every season you must divide the responsibility, positive or negative, with three parts: club, manager and players.
“Last season we were heroes. This season we are… I don’t know what we are to people, but I don’t care. It doesn’t matter.
“I didn’t change my commitment for the club. My commitment has always been the same. Maybe this season we worked harder than last season.
“I don’t know if something has changed. We were heroes for Chelsea’s fans.
“But in my soul and my heart, I’m always a hero because I gave 120 per cent, also this season to solve the problems.”