Antonio Conte has responded to speculation linking Chelsea with a move for Manchester United attacker and Frenchman Anthony Martial. Martial has not featured regularly for Man United in the second half of the season and there have been mounting speculations that he could be on his way out of Old Trafford.
Reports from notable tabloids including The Guardian suggest that Chelsea could consider the France international as a potential replacement should Hazard leave in the summer, while Daily Express has suggested that the player is unsettled at Old Trafford and would cost £60 million.
Conte, when questioned on the report, refused to give any information on a possible deal, although he didn’t rule out the possibility of a move. In the course of his press conference on Friday, when asked about the links with Martial, Conte replied:
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
- Why Frank Lampard may fit in at Chelsea
‘I think this is not the right moment to speak about this. As you know very well, I don’t like to talk about players of other teams,’ he said.
‘It’s disrespectful for the other players, my players and the other clubs.
‘Our focus is on finishing this season in the best possible way.’