Antonio Conte has responded to speculation linking Chelsea with a move for Manchester United attacker and Frenchman Anthony Martial. Martial has not featured regularly for Man United in the second half of the season and there have been mounting speculations that he could be on his way out of Old Trafford.
Reports from notable tabloids including The Guardian suggest that Chelsea could consider the France international as a potential replacement should Hazard leave in the summer, while Daily Express has suggested that the player is unsettled at Old Trafford and would cost £60 million.
Conte, when questioned on the report, refused to give any information on a possible deal, although he didn’t rule out the possibility of a move. In the course of his press conference on Friday, when asked about the links with Martial, Conte replied:
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
- Edouard Mendy Transfer Confirmation: Chelsea To Increase Bid
‘I think this is not the right moment to speak about this. As you know very well, I don’t like to talk about players of other teams,’ he said.
‘It’s disrespectful for the other players, my players and the other clubs.
‘Our focus is on finishing this season in the best possible way.’