- Chelsea still in contention for the top 4 position at the EPL.
- Liverpool to visit Stamford Bridge for an epic decider on Sunday.
Antonio Conte has revealed that Chelsea are still fighting for a place in next season’s UEFA Champions League competition. Chelsea currently sit 5th, five points below fourth-placed Tottenham Hotspur ahead of the game away to Swansea at the Liberty, while Spurs do not play until Monday when they welcome Watford to Wembley.
Conte has insisted that Chelsea will not give up in the chase for the top four while it remains mathematically possible.
“We have to try, “First of all we have to try to get three points at Swansea and it won’t be easy because we are going to play against a team that is fighting to avoid relegation.”
“Swansea have won four of their last five games at home, it means they are in good form.
“We must pay great attention but at the same time if we want to continue to have an opportunity to take a place in the Champion’s League we need to get three points and try to put a bit of pressure on the teams that are higher than us.”
“It won’t be easy but at the same time we must try to get as many points as possible from now until the end.”
“We have to play a very difficult game but if we want to continue to have an opportunity to take a place in the Champions League we need to get points.”
Chelsea will have three games left after Saturday as Liverpool visit the bridge next Sunday. They then host Huddersfield Town a week later at Stamford Bridge before the final game of the season away to Newcastle on May 13.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea Reject The Chance To Sign Nathan Ake
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
Meanwhile, Spurs have four games left, Watford on Monday, April 30, then games against West Brom, Newcastle, and Leicester.
Catch up on our story on Fabinho, as he speaks up to keep Bakayoko at the Bridge.
The management at Chelsea is looking to let off Bakayoko, but Fabinho has insisted that Bakayoko is still instrumental at the Bridge. That letting him off might not be the best for Chelsea at the moment.
Do you think Antonio Conte can keep the Blues on the top 4 of the EPL this season?
Kindly comment below.