- Chelsea drops much-valued points on the EPL table.
- Antonio Conte highly disappointed with his team.
- This drop in points could deter their chances of making it to the UEFA Champions League.
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte has expressed disappointment over the manner in which Chelsea dropped valuable points in the course of the ongoing season. Chelsea is fifth on the log ahead of Wednesday’s game against Huddersfield Town, a game they need to win and hope that other results to go their way in their bid to qualify for next season’s UEFA Champions League.
“For sure there is a bit of disappointment,”
Conte told a news conference on Tuesday.
“I think this season we dropped many points in a stupid way – especially in games where we dominated and created many chances but we were not able to score more goals.”
Chelsea might end the season level on points with Liverpool, but have a poorer goal difference than the Reds. Meanwhile, failure to garner maximum points from their next two games effectively ruins their chances of participating in Europe’s elite club competition next season regardless of other results.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
- Pulisic is close to Messi and Ronaldo at international level
- The new boss must answer the Jorginho vs Kante question
- Fantastic goal Kepa made sure Courtois was not missed
- Chelsea must consider Zouma for key role amid transfer ban
- Blues eye permanent deal for Kovacic – Good or bad?
- The Blues must land a prolific striker this summer
- Chelsea FC should shun the lackadaisical approach
- Who in the Chelsea team can replace Hazard?
Chelsea still harbors hopes of a slip-up from the two clubs above them who appear to have lost some form recently but will have to pile more pressure with a win on Wednesday and hope it pays off.
“The only way to put on a bit of pressure is (to win),”
“We are doing our job in the best way to put a bit of pressure on to Liverpool and Tottenham.”
“But the situation is not in our hands – Liverpool can beat Brighton to reach a place the Champions League, the same for Tottenham who has two games at home.”
Antonio Conte has revealed that Alvaro Morata should be fit for Chelsea’s Premier League game against Huddersfield Town on Wednesday night. Click the link to follow up on this story.
Do you think we can still make it to the UEFA Champion’s League?
Kindly post your thoughts in the box below.