Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has insisted that Chelsea must be ruthless in attack and put away chances if they want to play in next season’s UEFA Champions League. Chelsea appear to have revived their chances of qualification to next season’s UCL competition after wracking up back to back wins that have seen them close the gap on the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham, although the latter have a game in hand.
However, Chelsea’s goal difference leaves more to be desired when compared to that of their rivals in the third and fourth spots on the log, with Spurs having +35 and Liverpool with +43.
Chelsea boss Conte said: “Our first problem this season is that we have not been so clinical. If you want to win, you have to score. If you don’t take your chances, the result stays in the balance until the end.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Chelsea 2 – Sheffield United 2: The Blues Drop Points Again
- ULC Draw: Chelsea’s Champions League Opponents Revealed
- Full List Of Injured Chelsea Players Ahead Of Sheffield United Clash
- What Tammy Abraham Said After Opening His Chelsea Goal Account
- Chelsea: Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Kante
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Gives Fitness Update On Pedro
- Chelsea Manager Frank Lampard Praises Mason Mount
- Norwich 2-3 Chelsea: Tammy, Mount Seal First Win For The Blues
- Kepa Arrizabalaga Reveals What Chelsea Must Do After Losing Twice
- Frank Lampard confirms the goodbye to Sarriball at Chelsea
“This season we have dropped many points.
“I remember, for example, our most recent game against West Ham, we dropped two points of vital importance for us. We were winning the game and we created a lot of chances to score but we kept the result at only 1-0 and at the end they scored and drew.”
Chelsea have three games remaining, Liverpool have two, and Spurs have four with their game against Watford on Monday at Wembley inclusive. Chelsea face Liverpool on Sunday at Stamford Bridge in a must-win encounter. It’s a game that will be very decisive in their quest to seal a place in next season’s UCL competition.