Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has insisted that Chelsea must be ruthless in attack and put away chances if they want to play in next season’s UEFA Champions League. Chelsea appear to have revived their chances of qualification to next season’s UCL competition after wracking up back to back wins that have seen them close the gap on the likes of Liverpool and Tottenham, although the latter have a game in hand.
However, Chelsea’s goal difference leaves more to be desired when compared to that of their rivals in the third and fourth spots on the log, with Spurs having +35 and Liverpool with +43.
Chelsea boss Conte said: “Our first problem this season is that we have not been so clinical. If you want to win, you have to score. If you don’t take your chances, the result stays in the balance until the end.
You Might Also Want To Read:
- Champions League Draw: Everything You Need To Know
- Tottenham Vs Chelsea: Mendy, Chilwell To Play Carabao Cup Clash
- UEFA New Rule Will Affect Chelsea, Arsenal, Others
- Premier League Gives Update On Return Of Fans To Stadiums
- We Know How To Beat Liverpool, Lampard Brags
- UPDATE: Chelsea’s Eighth Summer Signing ‘Almost Done’
- Chelsea Decides As Inter Milan Offer Eriksen, Brozovic Plus Cash For Kante
- Declan Rice: See Details Of Chelsea’s Contract For West Ham Midfielder
- Chelsea Midfielder Leaves Stamford Bridge For New Club Ahead Of Brighton Clash
- Chelsea Set To Give Willian No.10 Shirt To Pulisic
“This season we have dropped many points.
“I remember, for example, our most recent game against West Ham, we dropped two points of vital importance for us. We were winning the game and we created a lot of chances to score but we kept the result at only 1-0 and at the end they scored and drew.”
Chelsea have three games remaining, Liverpool have two, and Spurs have four with their game against Watford on Monday at Wembley inclusive. Chelsea face Liverpool on Sunday at Stamford Bridge in a must-win encounter. It’s a game that will be very decisive in their quest to seal a place in next season’s UCL competition.